The female louse carv 7-10 eggs a day, nits, which stick to the base of the hair close to the scalp and is extremely difficult to remove. The hairs grow nits are removed from the skull. Since nits "born" new lice in about 8 days. Lice move the scalp can not jump nor fly.
The lice can spread from person to person by direct contact of the head or by sharing contaminated personal items (scarves, comb, clips, ribbons). Thus, in schools, nurseries, kindergartens, playgrounds, camps that the concentration of children and adults, there is wide-spread of pseiras.Epeidi fed only on human blood under no circumstances be transmitted from pets or other animals.
The scratching of the scalp is the main symptom of pediculosis caused abrasions, scabs and even local infections, and even nervousness and insomnia.
If it is suspected that your child has head lice look at it with a strong light and with the help of magnifying glass. Lice are fast and often manage to hide is gray and small megethous.Oi Nits are white in color and is usually stuck on the base of a comb trichas.Chreiazomaste Concentrate (pseirochteno). Before chrisitis dense comb should bail out the hair with a regular brush or comb or hair is dry or wet. Place the dense comb on top of the head touching the skull. Pull the comb along the hair from root to end. After each "comb" carefully examine the comb for lice or konides.Chteniste whole head at least two times.
If you only find nits without lice does not necessarily mean that there is an active pediculosis as nits can be found months after successful treatment.
Lice are difficult to find as they move and hide. If you do not find only nits in a child who has recently treated should remove nits and repeat xepseirisma in 3-4 days. In a child but which have not been previously treated for finding nits Lice treatment is recommended.
Treatment for lice is the following:
- Current formulations in various different forms (shampoo, lotion, gel, cream, etc.) containing anti-lice agents and are quite effective. Usually need retreatment 1 7th and the 14th day to exterminate and new lice in the meantime will have hatched. These substances are absorbed poorly from skin, but it is wise not to use them in children younger than 2 years, and must be strictly followed the instructions of the manufacturers.
- In the case of young children and pregnant and lactating mothers of, there are several more natural alternatives based mainly on products such as essential oils and plant extracts.
- After topical treatment to the child wear clean clothes and wash the clothes he wore, bed linen and towels in hot water 60 ° C Wash meticulously with hot water for at least 5 minutes any object used by the child during the last two days.
- Items that can not be laundered store them in a sealed plastic bag for two weeks (the mature live lice will die in 2 days and the nits will hatch and die in a total of two weeks).
- Wipe with vacuuming floors and furniture and car seats.
Other practices to protect the other members of the family but also to prevent the spread
- Examine the hair and the head of all family members and proceeds to immediate treatment of all those infected.
- Inform the child's school. After the wet combing or application of topical medication your child may return to school.
- You should not use combs, hairbrushes, hats, caps, towels, bedding, toys and objects generally used by people who have pediculosis of the scalp.
- If we sleep in the same bed with someone who has lice should be treated